Sign in to follow this  
3Fingers

Newly added maps

13 hours ago, maverik said:

Thx again! Are the maps mating or something? You'd think at some point, there wouldn't be any left.

Most of the above maps were recently converted by ShiN0 he’s been on a roll. I have been downloading more q3a maps and have a pretty good list. I will start converting them soon and add them to my workshop along with the 35 maps that I have converted from q3a to ql. 

I just checked and it looks like ShiN0 just added a lot more maps so I will d/l them tonight and run through them to see if they are worthy of the madhouse.

Q3fraggle needs to go away, was a decent tdm, Ft map but total waste of time in CA.

2 hours ago, coffee said:

Q3fraggle needs to go away, was a decent tdm, Ft map but total waste of time in CA.

K

If anyone is interested in converting q3a maps to ql then let me know. I will give you the tool I use and instructions on editing the .arena file and uploading to your steam workshop. It can be very time consuming especially when converting a lot of maps. 

Most of the maps have already been converted but if you search really hard you may find some decent obscure maps. I have spent hours upon hours searching for maps, here are the map databases I have found....

https://www.lvlworld.com/   -mostly already picked through but you might find find something obscure.

http://www.sst13.de/    -sst13 is on quakelive and has his own workshop and has been converting his maps to QL

http://planetquake.gamespy.com/View8095.html?view=Quake3.List&game=4   -a lot of the map links are broken due to time.

https://ws.q3df.org/maps/   -mostly defrag maps but you may find some playable for ca.

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/quake-3-arena -I just started going through the maps here, looks like some decent maps that haven't been converted yet.

Some people bitch about snapshots in vote not being there . Is that something we can fix for the ones that cant remember map names or numbers...lol

36 minutes ago, coffee said:

Some people bitch about snapshots in vote not being there . Is that something we can fix for the ones that cant remember map names or numbers...lol

yeah from what I have read you need to add a .tga along with the .jpg to the preview folder in the .pk3

I don't think that I will go through all my workshop maps and update them at this point. It will cause map collisions, but I will put the .tga in future maps I convert.

• Thanks 1

added a couple more maps...

maps ShiN0 converted...

Nothing At All / callvote map lae3dm1

nhkg-valcovna / callvote map subdm7   /  Removed, players spawn inside of walls.

Blood and Iron II / callvote map tscabdm3

maps I converted...

Bigmap02 / callvote map bigmap02      / Pretty big but not ca_tamb big. Looks good for full teams, could be some fun.

Final Inspiration / callvote map q3fig    / Deleted, map wasn't good enough to tolerate the missing textures

CHI servers has players on #2 so will be updated with maps later.

ATL & NYC servers updated.

Forgot to mention I added the Bal maps back in. I removed them way back when when the workshop host updated them and they were causing map collisions. I meant to add them back but I had forgot about them until I noticed that Bal himself has put them in his workshop. They are really good maps and I cant believe I forgot to put them back in but now they are back. 

Ash Rain  / callvote map bal3dm1

Golconda  / callvote map bal3dm2

Disinformation  / callvote map bal3dm3

Scrap Metal II  / callvote map bal3dm4

On 4/15/2019 at 3:08 PM, 3Fingers said:

yeah from what I have read you need to add a .tga along with the .jpg to the preview folder in the .pk3

I don't think that I will go through all my workshop maps and update them at this point. It will cause map collisions, but I will put the .tga in future maps I convert.

Actually This is wrong. But I did figure it out. What is needed;  there is a folder in the .pk3 called levelshots, that is where you will find the .jpg or .tga screenshot. If its .tga the you will need to convert it to .jpg. Then in the levelshots folder create a folder called preview if its not already there. Drop a copy of the screenshot .jpg into the preview folder you just created. So now you have it in the levelshots folder and also the preview folder that you created inside the levelshots folder.

Now the .jpg preview should show when map voting. I eventually plan on updating all the maps I have converted in my workshop when I get the time. The newest maps I have converted will now show a map preview while voting.

I converted 4 more select Q3A maps to QL...

Time To Kill The Pain  / callvote map obs3dm5    - Quality remake of ZTN's Painkiller - Larger Version really nicely done. Will be played imo.

A Day At The Villa  / callvote map aty3dm6         - Nice looking map probably better for smaller games. Glitches: Can view whole map from certain locations that you rj to, will remove if causes game play problems.

Right Angles  / callvote map sq3t1                     - Decent layout, probably some fast game play.

Frozen Abyss  / callvote map spwn3dm3             - Good layout madhouse players should like this one imo.

Happy Fragin'

• Thanks 1

I converted some more...

Trial by Error  / callvote map rpg3dm2

Kill You  / callvote map q3dade12

Invalid Transmission  / callvote map jaxdm9

Dead of Winter  / callvote map jaxdm10

added to NYC and ALT now, CHI servers are populated and will add those later.

Hey guys,

Just though I'd mention, I've been noticing more daytime traffic in the last couple of days. Could it be the new maps or the new team balancing measures or just dumb luck timing?

This was today at 5pm. But it was like that since early am and yesterday was the same.

image.thumb.png.c6c9768aa0e4aeb201a1a3556708d183.png

Oh. I didn't know but I just checked and the OSO server is up and running with 9 players atm. What kinda of issues?

oso has been having issues crashing and lagging and was even down for a day last week, and we saw lots more traffic on madhouse and dik servers during the day last week, which seems to have continued some, oso popularity is fading

wait, did you say free beer?

Ig is down too, if you look right now island is hanging out with sweet and bw.

• Haha 2