Sign in to follow this  
Diggl3r

Quake will not run after Windows 10 1903 update

Hi-

I cannot seem to get Quake to launch after the Windows 10 1903 update from 1809. Has anyone else experienced this and possibly have a solution?

Thanks

Have not reinstalled yet, but did update NVidia to latest.

During Quake startup it prompts for safe mode. Either open safe mode or not it does not start. Just exits before any graphics are seen. 

Will try compatibility setting  

ah shit funny you say that i'm going through the same thing. i literally have to boot quakelive 5 times before it stays running and is playable. if i boot quake my screen goes gray as if its booting then returns to desktop. just keep booting quake for like 5 or 6 times it will eventually stick and run, at least it does for me anyway

Changed QuakeLive_steam.exe to run in Compatibility mode (Windows 8) and it appears to run fine now.

42 minutes ago, Diggl3r said:

Changed QuakeLive_steam.exe to run in Compatibility mode (Windows 8) and it appears to run fine now.

Cool keep us posted

5 hours ago, Diggl3r said:

cool man,

if your able to report the bug to Microsoft they may look at it and include a fix in the next update

On 30/06/2019 at 11:02 AM, island55 said:

ah shit funny you say that i'm going through the same thing. i literally have to boot quakelive 5 times before it stays running and is playable. if i boot quake my screen goes gray as if its booting then returns to desktop. just keep booting quake for like 5 or 6 times it will eventually stick and run, at least it does for me anyway

Same happened here. Issue resolved itself (through updates I imagine).

It's actually better now. Steam client used to have the windows waiting cursor when I would mouse over the games and sometimes the games wouldn't start. Now it's all good.

On 7/5/2019 at 6:50 PM, maverik said:

Same happened here. Issue resolved itself (through updates I imagine).

It's actually better now. Steam client used to have the windows waiting cursor when I would mouse over the games and sometimes the games wouldn't start. Now it's all good.

The solution is right above this padawan! lol damn apprentices