ELO cap poll   

14 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. With the low player base should we remove the elo cap?

• Definitely yes.
    • Definitely no.
    • It may be an idea, let’s try it and see how it goes.

My 2 cents on this is that I LOVE hanging out and playing.  I try to get better every time I'm on but I never let it piss me off.  The only time it gets under my skin is when i see people bitching non stop in team chat about what the team is not doing right etc...  I will say that the players that are the biggest assholes are WAY under the cap which I find funny.  "Most" of the high elo players I've come across have been sweethearts.  I hover around 1k and some days I play better than I even thought possible but a lot of the time my hands kill me and just come to hang out and chat with the community.  One thing that pisses me off more than anything in QL is when teammates shoot other teammates off a map or in a pit just because they arent doing what they like.  That shit is Bush league.  Again, they are usually players WAY under the cap that act that way.  Trigger is permanently muted for me and although he is a good player, he whines like a little bitch CONSTANTLY.  Nobody wants to hear that! 😂

im confused, why is there a poll at the beginning and the majority so far says leave it alone...but now its going to change anyway?

On 1/27/2019 at 1:18 PM, island55 said:

isnt auto handicap a thing

Yes it is but it really changes the game dynamics imo. Not an option for me, sorry. 

4 hours ago, dtblud said:

im confused, why is there a poll at the beginning and the majority so far says leave it alone...but now its going to change anyway?

Well if you look at who voted for what and look at their post you can see that organic doesn’t care but voted no and the same with buster.

I voted no but could lean towards a 1900 cap. Plus if you look at the “yes” and the “give it a try” votes tallies, they are more.

OR... we could just leave it alone.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, island55 said:

i got more new teeth yesterday

You must have quite a collection by now :P

So i spoke to a couple regs last night, asked them what their true elo would be. One was 2k as you can clearly see in team chat if you read the logs from last night Don. Some people think we dont have logs btw...

I just want to know if you can take your teeth out for me Island?

2k allows us to absorb most of the players already playing that are over the cap. As I said before this still excludes 2-3 cool people that play occasionally on MH.  1900 would be easy for them to maintain by pitting but as an example: constant pitting on overkill means you rarely have the time to get to top. I can list at least 4 players doing this on the reg. Some prefer to tank games. 

Let these guys play to their abilities and teams should theoretically become more even. They are playing anyway...

I am just rambling shit at this point. I am old and the power just went out for no reason other than its cold.

3 hours ago, coffee said:

So i spoke to a couple regs last night, asked them what their true elo would be. One was 2k as you can clearly see in team chat if you read the logs from last night Don. Some people think we dont have logs btw...

I just want to know if you can take your teeth out for me Island?

no, they aren't removable i got 2 more crowns with a bridged fake tooth in the middle. permanently installed

On 2/1/2019 at 4:58 AM, 3Fingers said:

Well if you look at who voted for what and look at their post you can see that organic doesn’t care but voted no and the same with buster.

I voted no but could lean towards a 1900 cap. Plus if you look at the “yes” and the “give it a try” votes tallies, they are more.

OR... we could just leave it alone.

Yeah, I voted to leave it, but I feel 1700 is just a bit low.  Most of the players who come in and want exceptions are usually around 1800 or so.  I never understood the auto handicap thing because a 2100 player hitting 72 pt rail shots is really semantics.  I suggested 1800 or 1850.  People seem to be able to have good games with players on their team at that level.  The 2000 + players count as 2 people on these team games.  Either auto-handicap them to 50% or have a bit of a raised elo cap imo.  

The toughest thing lately has been teams 200+ off and ending up 10-0.   No one likes to !a 

Callvote !do.   

17 hours ago, __BusteR__ said:

Yeah, I voted to leave it, but I feel 1700 is just a bit low.  Most of the players who come in and want exceptions are usually around 1800 or so.  I never understood the auto handicap thing because a 2100 player hitting 72 pt rail shots is really semantics.  I suggested 1800 or 1850.  People seem to be able to have good games with players on their team at that level.  The 2000 + players count as 2 people on these team games.  Either auto-handicap them to 50% or have a bit of a raised elo cap imo.  

The toughest thing lately has been teams 200+ off and ending up 10-0.   No one likes to !a 

Callvote !do.   

funny you mention that, i think we're working on a votable auto balance which will fix the players that dont !a for themselves

6 hours ago, island55 said:

funny you mention that, i think we're working on a votable auto balance which will fix the players that dont !a for themselves

Yeah, oso has it.  /cv do.  Set at 100 or more.  Anything less you get too many votes.

• Like 1