ELO cap poll   

14 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. With the low player base should we remove the elo cap?

• Definitely yes.
    • Definitely no.
    • It may be an idea, let’s try it and see how it goes.

As someone who has to ride the line and "manage elo" (how F****** annoying), give it a try. Playing with the big guns doesn't bother me as I can keep up. However, i could understand that getting 40% shafted and railed like crazy can be frustrating for people who just want a more casual game to play and hang out with friends.

We have open servera, just play there. The 1700 community donated/paid for the community. The over 1700 community is not part of the community as you can easily tell by the member list. It was not built to be against any certain player. 

Since we are on that point, look at the member list growing slowly. Players returning and coming from QC. We dont need to add players like kgb to pound on people like ajj. They list of servers they can play on is overwhelmingly empty because they bitch about team numbers and everything else that doesnt fit their mold. Just let people have fun and choose to play on the server they choose. 

Low player base as you call it still fills the 1700 server every night. To the point i am constantly being asked to kick specs. Things you have heard before...

A 1900 player needs to run a 20 handi to maintain 1700 for the most part. Everytime I have seen auto handi it has 2200 players forced to 192 handi. Something in the math does not calculate. Subtracting 4 percent of 10k plus damage is a moot point.

By the way, upping the cap slightly has/is always being considered. But it would not go far, and someone is still going to cry about the numerical value. Did you cry to bethesda when they stuck you in t4? Madhouse was not a t4 server so if that was the case you did not play there before stand alone. If you did you tanked to get there as many others did. People still talk about how shitty it was to be stuck playing in that situation. These days we control our performance cap and set our own bar.  Look it worked! We still have players unlike all those empty 4-4 open servers i see when I clear my madhouse filter. 

The reality is the servers already exist. Here is what our server looks like when starting up. Now inject a 2200 player that gets upset or talks shit to his 950 elo teammate. Just inject that player at all with no attitude and watch the others drop. Those guys could of clicked and gone to oso where the situation you are looking for already exists.

Screenshot_20190127-135906.png

A better poll in my opinion would be about adjusting the cap to 1800-1900-2000 with a 20 point buffer. Personally, I gravitate towards 1900 for some reason associated with egos and expectations of a 10 man team casually playing.

Also, I know the true elo of most of the cool people already hanging out having fun and managing their elo daily.

Why are you overtly negative about higher elo players? "They bitch about numbers, they cry about elo cap, doesn't fit their mold, talks shit to teammates" Some people are good at ql. Others are bad. Guess what? There are the extreme assholes on both ends. 

"Just inject that player at all with no attitude and watch the others drop." That player is me. In the old client my elo was above 2k. 

3 hours ago, coffee said:

Low player base as you call it still fills the 1700 server every night. To the point i am constantly being asked to kick specs. Things you have heard before...

A 1900 player needs to run a 20 handi to maintain 1700 for the most part. Everytime I have seen auto handi it has 2200 players forced to 192 handi. Something in the math does not calculate. Subtracting 4 percent of 10k plus damage is a moot point.

i'm sure we can modify the calculations.. what if we had an auto-handicap server? rather than an always dead NO LIMIT servers change 1 up to a AUTO HANDI or something

All that shit I posted and that's what you got from it. Conceited much? Means you need to find a server worthy of your skills quit expecting the old T3 Madhouse to conform to your expectations by forcing players to do what you want. The option is already there.

Leave it to you to start flinging adjectives at me. You are so completely blind that it's laughable. Forcing players to do what I want? How would you feel if you forget to put a handicap on for a couple games and broke the 1700 cap. Then when someone like myself who I believe is liked by the majority of madhouse, gets told to go to an empty no limit server to lower my elo by none other than you. Your explanation being that "The 1700 community donated/paid for the community." Guess what Pete? Many players in that 1700 community thought it was stupid I couldn't get exception. If you only knew.

If all these so called people you speak of agree why don't they start the servers on the open server so you can do your thing?

Again, your ability to maintain elo is not my problem. I don't know why my suggestion to discuss adjusting the capped servers is being negative at all.

I forget you are getting old. Let me repeat this for you in bold this time. How would you feel if you forget to put a handicap on for a couple games and broke the 1700 cap. Then when someone like myself who I believe is liked by the majority of madhouse, gets told to go to an empty no limit server to lower my elo by none other than you. Your explanation being that "The 1700 community donated/paid for the community." Guess what Pete? Many players in that 1700 community thought it was stupid I couldn't get exception. If you only knew.

New poll....Who wants too let boost be the highest elo on the capped servers by giving him the one exception?

Let's take it back to the beginning. Why do you not want to play against players above 1700 elo?